Interchanghe Level 2 - Unit 13

GOOD BOOK, TERRIBLE MOVIE!

Movies Types - Action and Drama

In the next three movie sections, we are going to learn about different movie types. Afterwards, we will cover having discussions about movies that you recently saw. But for now, let's work on movie types.

There are many different types of movies. You probably know them all in your language, but let's learn what they are in English. Also, we will learn how to say a couple of sentences related to a movie type. If you disagree with a sentence, feel free to change some words around so they fit what you want to say.

Although there are many categories, we will learn the most basic 10 types of movies.

Action
Drama
Comedy
Romantic comedy
Horror
Science fiction
Suspense (Thriller)
Western
Commentary / Non-Fiction

Action: Movies with lots of fighting, shooting, exploding, etc.

"What kind of movie do you like?"
"I like action movies because they are fast paced."
"Action movies are my favorite."
"I like all the action movies with a lot of guns."
"I like fight scenes that are choreographed."

Drama: Everyone knows drama. Like Titanic and Schindler's List

"What type of movies do you like?"
"I like all sorts of drama."
"I like movies that play with my emotion."
"Drama movies are great because they are the most realistic."
"The sad drama movies that make me cry."


 

Participles as adjectives

-ing or -ed? Participles as Adjectives

 Time to brush up on (review) your understanding of participles as adjectives.

Some participles can be used as adjectives in either the present or past form.
Present Participle (-ing) is used to describe something or someone.
"I watched an interesting TV about American history last night."
"This film is boring. Let's stop watching it."

Past Participle (-ed) is used to describe how people feel about something or someone.
"I'm interested in American history."
"I'm bored of my job. I want to find another one."

Task 1: Now choose the right form for each sentence.
Task 2: Use these participles to write your own example sentences: excited / embarrassing /shocking / tired / surprised
Link: '-ed' and '-ing' adjectives: describing feelings and things
  • 1 - The people I work with are ____ with their jobs.

  • 2 - John was ____ by the the news report.

  • 3 - We thought that the instructions were ___ .

  • 4 - It's an ___ little story. You should read it.

  • 5 - Working late every day is ___ .

  • 6 - I'm not really ___ in sport.

  • 7 - Do you feel ___ about them?

  • 8 - All this information is making me ___.

  • 9 - I had a ___ weekend because of the rain.

  • 10 - Young children are often ___ of the dark.

 



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Milka's Birthday

EIP Barahona 2013

 

About

It is an Englishman's program as foreign language of four daily hours taken to end in universities, institutes recognized by the education of the Englishman as foreign language and in centers under coordination of the MESCyT. In his phase pilot the above mentioned program had a duration of 600 hours. The classes are given totally in English and in all the spaces of the centers where there is executed the program, the whole personnel, including the students, they must speak only English.